NZDA Special ‘Lockdown’ Photo CompetitionBy New Zealand Deerstalkers Association
- 22nd Apr, 2020 Apr 22, 2020, 12:31 PM
- 0 Comments
Special photographic competition time - we have put together a lockdown photo comp for you!
Before we get into the details, the National Executive want to congratulate you on abiding by the Government's “stay at home” requirements during Covid-19 lockdown Level 4, and we hope you are coping with reduced opportunities for interacting with others outside your bubbles and a lack of hunting.
Yesterday the lockdown was extended by Government until after Anzac long-weekend and the timing of this email could not be better because we have put together a special photographic competition to give our members something hunting related to do at home.
SPECIAL LOCKDOWN PHOTO COMPETITION
There are three competition sections, each related to ‘hunting around your home’. There are two categories of entry for each section:
- Kids (under 15 years of age)
NZDA members are resilient, proactive and creative and this photographic competition will appeal to many of you and your families. Our phones have excellent photographic capability so this competition does not require fancy cameras or other equipment to allow you to participate. What it requires is just some imagination.
A. Hunting related activities - use your imagination, but this could include setting up a pup tent in your backyard, kids cooking sausages over a burner, sharpening a knife or cleaning a rifle.
B. Humorous/human interest - an opportunity to use your imagination to create funny situations, incidents and activities that bring a smile to our faces.
C. Flora and Fauna - birds, plants, flowers, insects, etc
PRIZES BY HAMILLS
Hamills has kindly sponsored $1300 of prizes. In particular we need to thank the following Hamills shops located in Tauranga (Stacey Whiteman), Taupo (Sarun Tepavac), Rotorua (Brad Hills) and Te Awamutu (Dave Hudson - an NZDA Executive Member), who have pledged to donate prizes valued $1300.
|Entrant||Section A||Section B||Section C|
|Adult 1st place||1st: Hunting knife||1st: Hunting knife||1st: Led Lenser MH5 re-chargeable head lamp|
|Kids 1st place for each Section||1st: Led Lenser MH5 re-chargeable head lamp|
|Adults & Kids 2nd and 3rd||2nd: $70 Hamills voucher, 3rd: Sol Sport utility blanket|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Send entries to email@example.com, stating your Full Name, Branch and, if possible, NZDA Membership Number.
- Each member can submit one photo per section, and you must state at the time of entry which section(s) they are entering. Parents can submit kids’ entries for them.
- The competition commences on the date of this email and closes at 5:00pm, Friday 15th May.
- Photos taken must have been be taken following the Government's COVID-19 lockdown rules applicable at the time and must be taken in the spirit of usual NZDA competition rules and ethics.
- All entries may be used in NZDA publications and the entrant grants the NZDA all applicable rights (but the photographer maintains copyright of their image).
- Judges will select the top three entries for each category and those will be posted on NZDA Facebook so members and public can vote. Entries will be judged not necessarily on technical standards but on subject matter, content, composition, and x-factor.
- Entrants must be current ‘financial members’ of NZDA.
- The submission of an entry will be deemed as acceptance of these rules.
- National Photographic Competitions will be held in July as usual, and these photos can be entered into that competition.
- By submitting a photo you confirm you agree with, and consent to, the terms of this competition.
More in Campfire
- 23rd Apr, 2020
- 2 Comments
Hunters will be able to hunt on private land with special restrictions when New Zealand moves to COVID-19 Alert Level 3...
More from NZGUNS
- 31st Mar, 2020
- 0 Comments
The New Zealand Deerstalkers' Association has appointed keen hunter and highly experienced...
- 14th Apr, 2020
- 0 Comments
We have publicly called on the Government for the same 6-month amnesty to apply to firearms licences...