Mountain Safety Council needs your hunting stories and photos!By Ros Wells, Mountain Safety Council
- 20th Nov, 2020 Nov 20, 2020, 1:46 PM
- 1 Comment
Here at the NZ Mountain Safety Council we work to endorse safe hunting practices in New Zealand and part of this is using photos and videos and stories.
We are looking for anyone who has been on or going to hunt this summer to share their photos with us and expand our photo library. If you are keen to help out, please get in touch or let us know if you have more questions.
The sorts of photos we are looking for:
HUNTERS TAKING THE RIGHT GEAR:
- Wearing blaze gear (hats, jackets, packs etc
- Wearing waterproof jackets/warm clothing
- Having a day pack/overnight pack
- Packing/holding a PLB
- Setting up a camp
- Using a map/GPS
- Packing/using an emergency shelter
HUNTERS MAKING CONSIDERATIONS IN THE OUTDOORS IN:
- Poor conditions/weather
- Approaching a river
- Rough terrain and bluffs
- On ridgelines/windy conditions
- Alpine/snow areas
- Having a break with food and water
HUNTERS APPLYING THE 7 BASIC FIREARMS SAFETY RULES
- Pointing firearms in a safe direction in the bush
- Showing the different load states of a firearm
- Identifying a target/clearly using binoculars or seeing a target in the bush or distance
- Storing firearms safely at home, vehicle and campsite/hut
HUNTERS IN THE OUTDOORS
If you don't have something specific - we would love just hunting photos with NZ game animals, pest animals and the amazing scenery that hunting trips take people.
If you also have stories to share with us from smart decision-making or near-misses in the bush, please get in touch with us.
Communications Advisor: Digital and Design
NZ Mountain Safety Council
More in Hunting
- 21st Oct, 2020
- 0 Comments
At last! Work was out of the way, there was a clear weather window...
More from NZGUNS
- 7th Dec, 2020
- 0 Comments
I’ve been fielding a large volume of email the last few days asking about what we’re hearing on the...